Using AirPlay is easy. Here’s a short how-to for AirPlay streaming on your iPhone or iPad.
How to use AirPlay
To start streaming do the following steps:
- Make sure that your devices (Apple TV, iPhone, iPad, iPod) are in the same network.
- Swipe up from the bottom of your screen. The Control Center appears.
- Click the AirPlay button.
- You can see a list of possible AirPlay receivers, each with a TV or a speaker icon which shows what kind of content you can stream to it.
- Choose a device from the list. Start playing your content (e.g. Spotify, iTunes, YouTube) and it will be streamed via AirPlay
Another way to switch to switch to an AirPlay device is within an App. Apps that support AirPlay show a small icon that gives you quick access to the available Airplay devices.
AirPlay is global setting
AirPlay can be used across all of your apps and content that allow AirPlay. It’s important to understand that if you turn it (like described above), it’s on globally activated. So it will work across your Apps until you deactivate it.
AirPlay from iphone/ipad to Mac with Elmedia Player PRO. Currently for iOS 9 and newer Elmedia only offers audio streaming.